Renovating a bathroom is not just building a new bathroom from scratch. It is a journey of self-discovery as the project lets you explore fundamental questions about who you are and what your priorities are. Moreover, the project will affect how you live and where you will settle in the coming years. So, it is definitely nothing to take lightly!
That is why there are a couple of things you need to prepare as you embark on this epic journey. Presented below are just some of the things you should consider.
Establishing a Budget
You need to have a plan going into the project. One of the most important aspects of which is the financial side of it. Namely, you need to have a sense of the actual costs you might incur and decide how much you are willing to spend on the construction of your new bathroom.
Just remember that this should not be taken separately from your other long-term financial goals. On the contrary, the amount you spend on your bathroom renovation will have a great impact on your finances, so it is vital that you take this matter seriously.
Listed below are some of the major expenses that typically come with major construction projects of this kind:
- Material Costs – While you could save a few dollars by using cheap fixtures & fittings, is that really what you want? Five years from now, will you regret “going cheap” on these items? Often it’s best to invest a little more to get a higher quality finish – taking a long term view
- Bathroom Design Costs – For a professional bathroom designer, you’ll definitely be paying good money! But this is an area you don’t want to skip over, because the impact can be significant. Even small bathroom design projects can cost a pretty penny!
- Actual Construction Costs – Unless you want to perform your Sydney bathroom renovation yourself (not recommended!), you’ll need to be paying a qualified bathroom renovations company to do the job for you. This can range from $5,000 to over $25,000 depending on the scope and size of the project
As the construction project gets underway, it would also be smart to have a contingency fund ready. After all, you never know what might happen. Even the tiniest mistakes can end up costing you.
Choose Your Renovator
A bathroom renovation will only be as good as the team that builds it. That said, you need to assemble the right set of people to get the job done. Listed below are the essential people you need to bring in:
- Designer– They will be responsible for designing your bathroom to a high level. So, make sure that all communication lines are kept open.
- Contractors – They are responsible for bringing the vision of your bathroom to life. These can include builders, plumbers, electricians and other specialised tradespeople
- Project Manager – Their job is to be the “spider in the web”, keeping an eye on all the activities and overseeing development.
The right renovations company will be able to handle all three aspects, giving you one point of contact instead of 3 – saving you time, money and headaches.
These are just some of the things you should consider when renovating your Sydney bathroom. So, be mindful of your budget and work only with people you trust.